Monday, March 16, 2009

moo-cow!

Last week in our house Joachim went running to Ben saying, “moo”, “cow” in an excited panic. There was a very loud rumbling coming down the driveway and that was the only explanation he could think of. I’m not quite sure how he got the cow association, it was in fact, Uncle Chris and cousins coming to plow a small field for alfalfa. We all watched entranced as the tractor tore through the clay. Joachim is WAY into tractors right now which is pretty good timing, because we will see a LOT of them throughout the spring.
Those are bags of mulch, just to clarify.

I can't resist posting some lyrics to this great country song. Whenever I feel like I'm missing out on city life I remind myself we never have any traffic here. The only things that slow us down are tractors and trains. (

International Harvestor
by Craig Morgan

...I’m a God fearin’ hard workin’ combine driver
Hoggin’ up the road on my p-p-p-p-plower
Chug a lug a luggin’ 5 miles an hour
On my International Harvester

Three miles of cars layin’ on their horns
Fallin’ on deaf ears of corn
Lined up behind me like a big parade
Of late to work road raged jerks
Shoutin’ obscene words flippin’ me the bird

Well I know you got your own deadlines
But cussin’ me ain’t savin’ no time hoss
This big-wheeled wide load ain’t goin’ any faster
So just smile and wave and tip your hat
To the man up on the tractor...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great place~ tractors and trains. ;)

corscorp said...

We love tractors here, too. And that song! LOL! Love it. My favorite line has always been, "If you don't like the way I drive get back on the Interstate." Amen.