One more entry on life and perspective. Ben and I recently watched Everything is Illuminated and I found it beautifully thought-provoking and I recommend it, although, if I'd known prior to viewing that it had such a serious note, I might not have tried it (since Joachim I mostly watch movies to lighten up). Ben thought it was slow and an OK movie, so I put a reservation on my suggestion. I think I liked hearing all the Russian spoken and seeing the Ukrainian countryside and watching the character's stories unfold.
...................................
I idly read my tea canister this morning waiting for my tea to steep and this was its pithy contribution to my day:
"I am told that in Western cultures there is a preoccupation with youth, but that you have not yet discovered the timeless effects of tea, How can it be? A single sip of tea has the power to transport you back to the time before time. Now that’s young."
-the minister of tea (whoever that is)
Funny, tea (and coffee) drinking for me is more than just drinking a drink, it's unwinding, connecting comforting and refreshing.
3 comments:
i agree about drinking hot beverages to unwind, for comfort, to connect, etc. i'm thinking of giving up coffee (having a hard time sleeping lately) but i will miss so much about the whole ritual! maybe i'll get really into tea instead.
i wish we could drink hot beverages together for an afternoon, while our babies played together...
also, i agree about movie watching. i can only handle things that are uplifting. don't watch "slumdog millionaire!" it was really good but very hard to watch. we recently enjoyed "ghosttown." funny and nice.
Come have tea with me. :)
Post a Comment