Thursday, March 18, 2010

pat-a-cake


Joachim needs a little blogging attention because he's feeling a left out. I couldn't have hoped for a better big brother. Yesterday I realized just how important he is. For an hour Joachim went to grandma's house and I was supposed to be resting with Anna, but she cried and cried and cried. I had flashbacks to my first lonely depressing year here when I was home alone with Joachim crying and crying. It was like being in another reality with no reference point for normal or rational. I realized that Joachim is grown up enough to be a peaceful presence. He's completely un-phased by her crying and is a very calming companion for me. What a blessing.

1 comment:

jessica louise said...

i know just what you mean! i feel the same way about noah's presence. it is so hard to remember now what it was like with just one. somehow a sibling puts everything in perspective. no more obsessive focus on one child! and we all learn to share, be patient, work together. families are a tiny little intentional community!

blessings to you all, christi.

love, jess