Monday, March 1, 2010

lots of pictures

While the East got dumped with snow we had our own record of snow. A couple weeks ago we woke up to a foot and no electricity. We had a nice morning making breakfast on the wood stove.
Here Joachim is playing with his very cool Noah's Ark tea set. I feel lucky to have gotten such a masculine design for a rather feminine toy. Each of the four place settings has a different animal hand painted on it and of course the teapot is the ark. I was able to by this from a friend for less that 5 dollars, what a deal!
When Joachim was a bit younger he would dismember his lego guys, I salvaged most of them, but we have a serious shortage of hands (probably in the vacuum cleaner). So, this was Joachim's own solution.Joachim started dressing himself, here he is belt wrestling. It is a long and sometimes stressful ordeal for me to watch, but if I'm not in a hurry it can be a nice way for him to pass time.
About a week before Anna was born Joachim and I assembled two very nice shelves to make a corner for her in our little apartment. It was the perfect project for him (and me); complete with hammering, screwing and matching letters. He has been very proud of our finished product.
Work on the A street house is almost complete, Joachim is very involved in helping with the progress. He screwed outlet covers on with Grandma and here he is hooking up the sink with Daddy.
And this is the last picture of me pregnant.

No comments: