Saturday, April 25, 2009

Pascha

We had perfect weather for the Easter picnic again this year, I even had to break out the sun screen. St. Andrew’s puts on an awesome celebration which I think is really a testimony to the relationships in the parish. Being relatively new here, it was nice to look around and feel a genuine belonging and I was surprised to realize just how many memories I already have with each person.

There was an egg hunt especially for ages 1-3 (and another for 4-7 and one for 8-11). Below is Caitlin, Joachim's Godsister.
The older kids had their annual treasure hunt. They’re pictured here singing a silly song (they have to perform various slightly embarrassing activities to get their clues).Aside from being supplied with an unlimited amount of candy, someone also provided water guns for all the kids. It wasn’t long before Joachim got the hang of the trigger...and loved it.
The big boys celebrating.Joachim learned to hold on to the swing recently and he and Katerina suckered Grandma into pushing them continuously. Joachim's lucky to have Katya for a buddy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

these photos are great! thanks for sharing! life is so much sweeter in community, eh? i really desire relationships and community like that for myself. i feel like i've had a taste but i want more.