Wednesday, April 1, 2009

pretend play

Recently Joachim hit another toddler milestone in full stride- pretend play. He really enjoys playing "church" in which he arranges his favorite icons, lights a candle (with help) and "holds services". He likes to play the role of the priest (who also happens to be his grandpa) here he is blessing me with the cross (a treasured family possession because Fr Anthony carved it as a wedding present).
Inspired by Martha Stewart and Kassia, (a self-proclaimed hopeless do-it-yourselfer), I fashioned an oven for Joachim. Now he goes to bed saying, "I cook, I cook" and wakes up to new combinations of pasta, beans and cereal. It's been such a big hit, I'm imagining designs for a sink and refrigerator. I had hoped to paint the cardboard, but he doesn't seem to mind so it may never happen.
And this one is for Simon and Ira. I know every child diapers their stuffed animals, but I was amused by his insistence that he could diaper Simon, his guinea pig, I like how he even got the little leg to stick out.
I really like this age.

2 comments:

corscorp said...

Pretend play is the greatest. And, may I say I LOVE THAT STOVE!!

Melissa said...

I agree... that stove is great!