Thursday, August 21, 2008

more Canada

We passed fields of wind turbines on our way to Owen Sound and I thought they were really cool. Some people think they're an eye-sore, but I think they're nicer than the Jurassic looking oil pumps scattered around Texas.
Tina, Jonathan, Mom & JoachimBen, Joachim & my cousin, Pat, on the way out to the back field to check on Patrick's sheep
This was the first time I'd seen Patrick since '95 and he'd spent 6 months of each of 6 years since then tending a herd of 1,500+ sheep in a remote part of Canada. He has shot every kind of bear and wolf and I'm extremely proud to have a modern day Daniel Boone in my own family. It was a wonder for me to see him with my very cosmopolitan cousin who we stayed with in Toronto. I hope my kids pursue such interesting and individual lives. Below are pictures of Pat and the herd he shepherded.

No comments: