Thursday, August 21, 2008

sauble beach

For me, the highlight of the whole Canada trip was our visit to Sauble beach on lake Huron. It's close to my Aunt’s farm so we got there mid morning while the residents of Toronto were just getting to the outskirts of their metropolis. For the first few hours we had the whole beautiful beach to ourselves before it became as packed as the Jersey Shore from my childhood.

I haven’t been to the beach since our honeymoon and even though I was never particularly fond of it growing up, I had no idea how strange it would feel to be so far from water.
Sauble beach is all the best things about a beach without the salt water and sharp sea shells (and for Joachim’s sake the waves). The water is clear and there’s no mucky seaweed or mud.

Joachim’s favorite part was a little stream that ran down the beach into the lake. The water was warm and he got to experience that sinking feel when your feet get sucked into the sand.
Here is Griffin and Ethan and the booty of beach food.

No comments: