Wednesday, August 4, 2010

about ben

For father's day I made some freezer paper stencil shirts for the kids and much to my satisfaction I think Ben got a kick out of them.My dear husband has taken on a new hobby or rather a new hobby has taken on my husband. A while ago he ordered a sourdough starter in the mail and since then he's been feeding the beast. It seems we almost always have a bowl of the stuff spilling over in the corner and it is like a third child needing regular attention.

At first he tried to keep up with the bread baking so as not to waste any of the growing goo, but that proved impossible. I'm not sure exactly how he's managing it now, but he's mastered a pretty good loaf and has made sourdough English muffins, sourdough pita bread, sour dough pizza and sour dough pancakes. Below is his first ever loaf.

2 comments:

The Golins said...

Christi! Your children are just beautiful! As are you:) Miss you.

mhari said...

Love the shirts. Put some on Etsy!