Mid December we got a nice big snow storm (big for Delta, 8 inches). Grandma made the snow man this time because since the last snow I've gotten too big comfortably bend over.Even though my belly's too big to bend over it didn't stop me from dragging him up and down the driveway for his first sledding experience. What was a brilliant idea to wear him out for his nap really just wore me out (I should have had him get off the sled and walk up the driveway himself... duh. Then downside of the snow was that it was a full week before I could get my car up the driveway. I knew from last year I should have parked at the top when it started snowing but I couldn't imagine it would last so long.Ben works until 9:30pm on Tuesday's so this particular Tuesday I rewarded Joachim and I with S'mores and Christmas music after a day of snow. He humored me for the pictures, but really he liked marshmallows, "not burned" as he put it. After he was asleep Ben and I had a nice evening eating S'mores. I hadn't thought about a stick until it was already dark and very snowy so we cut a bottom branch from the tree and sharpened it giving the marshmallos a strangely piney flavor. Joachim's idea of decorating the tree included lining the ornaments in a row on the lower branches. I cut out christmas cards from last year to make ornaments for this year. Joachim very carefully cut out the tree ornaments hanging infront of the orange slices.
No comments:
Post a Comment