Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Swimming lessons

For over a year now I've been teaching Justin and Jacob swimming lessons a couple times a month as part of their homeschool curriculum. It's overall been a great opportunity where I get to spend time with my nephews and see them grow and learn. When we first started they wouldn't even get their faces wet to blow bubbles, but a few weeks ago we had a major breakthrough when they both braved the diving board.

Jacob has the most amusing jump, it starts with the superman pose, then he looks like he's going to belly-flop and at the last minute he swings his feet and hands forward in a feet first "dive".
Above Jacob demonstrates his twist. Justin has his own style, he's a little more cautious with a little less form, but just as enthusiastic. I'm very proud of them.

No comments: