Monday, December 8, 2008

St Andrew's events

Sunday December 1st the Orthodox church celebrated St Andrew, which is significant for us in Delta because our church is named for him. The Bishop came for the event and a friend of ours from the Springs, Andreas (Andrew), came over to be tonsured a reader on his name's day. It's a very celebratory event and I was thrilled to have friends from Colorado Springs visit. Below is Andreas being tonsured, and below that is Bishop Benjamin blessing the parish.
After church everyone met for the meal and I insisted I would keep an eye on the half dozen boys 3 and under who had gathered in the playroom. Ben came down to find me and I left him to watch them while I went to get my camera. What a good sport, he maintained the room expertly. Below Joachim, Seraphim and Tristen are working the beads.

No comments: