



Last year for Christmas two of Joachim's friends made him a shooting star shirt and it's been his favorite shirt all year, the only drawback is that it was white. I told my friend I was thinking about dying it to hide the stains and she sent me home with a jar of blue dye from her cupboard. Here they are stirring the shirt in the dye.


Unfortunately the dye also dyed the paint on the stars so we repainted them and added another one for fun and so the shirt was revived.

As long as we had the dye out I remembered a white turtle neck my mom bought Joachim for a buck at Old Navy. He dislikes turtlenecks and I dislike white so it sat in the drawer. I wondered if we tie-dyed it if he would want to wear it and maybe he could wear it under tee-shirts to cover up the actual tie-dyed part.
He loved the magic of taking the rubber bands off and he's worn it all winter as often as it's been clean in the drawer (and sometimes out of the dirty clothes). It's quite the conversation piece when we go out, but not too tacky I don't think.

1 comment:
You, my friend, are too cool. Those tables are awesome, and your shirts look like they came that color. I wanna be like you when I grow up:)
Post a Comment