After wrestling with my sewing machine over sewing through 6 layers of canvas I finally broke the needle. In searching through my sewing supplies I found replacement needles a size larger and I vaguely remembered buying them when I was in high school. I popped one in and and ta da! It was like sewing through butter.
Ben printed a BtheB logo that I glued on his home depot helmet and it was complete.
It didn't matter because she was running a fever and had to stay home with Ben. I'd planned to put her back in her costume and take official pictures of her first Halloween, but I finally put it away this morning after it spent the last 3 weeks on my dining room table.
A funny story about that, recently Ben had to go under the house to fix a leak, I stood outside the crawl space for a little while handing him tools. Joachim came wandering outside and upon find Daddy under the house he declared he would watch him and help. Since I was holding Anna and it was cold I went inside.
Later Joachim came in the house wielding a large foam noodle. I asked if Daddy was finished and Joachim launched into a story about how he was using his noodle to help Daddy. I suggested he go back out. Thirty seconds later Joachim was back asking for a flat screw driver. We found one and he returned to the crawl space.
When Ben came in I asked about the noodle. Ben said, "Is that what happened? I asked him for a screw driver and he was gone a really long time. When he finally came around the corner and saw me in the hole he jumped and turned on his heels" (which is when he came back in the get the screw driver he'd forgotten all about.)
1 comment:
I love the tool belt! It looks perfect. What a great idea.
Post a Comment