After a Labor Day trip up to the mesa I became fixed on going camping as a family. As is life with kids, the stars never aligned for us to go up before it got too cold, so we roasted marshmallows in our backyard. I have to admit was it was really nice to go inside, wash up, and crawl into our own warm beds. I'm hoping to go camping next spring.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
backyard s'mores
Ben has traced my obsession with s'mores back to a childhood feel good association. Whatever it is I took every opportunity to eat s'mores I could get this summer.
After a Labor Day trip up to the mesa I became fixed on going camping as a family. As is life with kids, the stars never aligned for us to go up before it got too cold, so we roasted marshmallows in our backyard. I have to admit was it was really nice to go inside, wash up, and crawl into our own warm beds. I'm hoping to go camping next spring.
My pride and joy of the summer was the bag of mammoth marshmallows that I found tucked obscurely away in a store. I was the favorite (and only) Auntie at all of the family bbqs. Below my marshmallow is dwarfing a standard marshmallow. I fantasized about how awed my marshmallowless friends in Russia would be if I sent them one of my mega-mallows. Sorry they never got there.



Us up on the Grand Mesa


After a Labor Day trip up to the mesa I became fixed on going camping as a family. As is life with kids, the stars never aligned for us to go up before it got too cold, so we roasted marshmallows in our backyard. I have to admit was it was really nice to go inside, wash up, and crawl into our own warm beds. I'm hoping to go camping next spring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You just made me want marshmallows. Thanks.
Post a Comment