
Friday, November 6, 2009
Halloween
After making several costume suggestions I realized Joachim had no idea what I was talking about and I should just pick something for him... He really liked the king/knight costume and I even sort of included him in its creation. It wasn't quite the creative bonding experience I'd envisioned, nonetheless it was cheap and simple and he liked the final product... especially the sword we borrowed from Tristen. Joachim will not be getting a sword of his own until he can play with it without being constantly reprimanded.

You can see the remnants of our snowman strewn across the yard in the above picture. When designing the costume I asked Ben to get a picture of a dragon that I could stencil on the cape. He looked up the history of the Jones surname and found that our crest is a blue and silver lion with blood dripping from its chest. So he drew a lion, but I painted it red and left off the bleeding chest. The surname comes from the personal name John, or the Latin Johannes, meaning "Yahweh is gracious." That's a nice name to carry I think. The motto is "without God, without anything." I think they mean that in a good way.

We met up with Willon and his family, his mama made him the most adorable Dragon costume and together they stormed the streets of Delta (annual trick-or-treat at the stores on Main Street).

After thoroughly inspecting the basement window with Willon, Joachim still had to make sure nothing fishy was going on in there.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, the costume turned out amazing!
What a great costume! and great pictures too! I know I don't comment often, but I really enjoy your blog :)
Post a Comment