While in Colorado Springs, I had a very cozy morning at the coffee shop in black forest a few minutes from my parents house. Ben and I used to frequent it when we lived there, and now it's under new ownership and better than ever. I like the Dog House in Delta because they are nice to me and patient with my entourage of Joachim and laptop, but they have a poor selection of pastries, when the have pastries. 
Cheif Twocupsah, the creepy indian manican.

Cheif Twocupsah, the creepy indian manican.
R&R is a unique mix of fresh roasted coffee, fine pastries, cowboys and contractors, all reflective of the black forest itself. I was going to order a cinnamon roll, but they had 3 different kinds and then 3 different frostings I could put on it. I was also tempted by the french toast and the biscuits and gravy (Ben got me going on biscuits and gravy). Not to mention the breakfast burritos and quiches. I knew I had to choose wisely because seldom do I get this many choices and I wanted to savor the memory long after I returned home.
So, I called Ben to ask him what he would get because inevitably he orders whatever it is that I really want, but I don't know I want it until he's eating it. So, he decided he wanted a breakfast burrito with sharp cheddar cheese, salsa and sour cream. Boy, was his breakfast good, not to mention the bottomless cup of fresh roasted coffee for $1. I highly recommend this place if ever you visit my parents.
So, I called Ben to ask him what he would get because inevitably he orders whatever it is that I really want, but I don't know I want it until he's eating it. So, he decided he wanted a breakfast burrito with sharp cheddar cheese, salsa and sour cream. Boy, was his breakfast good, not to mention the bottomless cup of fresh roasted coffee for $1. I highly recommend this place if ever you visit my parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment