Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Birthday & Anniversary

The end of May held both my birthday and our 2 year anniversary. My parents visited for the weekend so they could help with our house and watch Joachim while Ben and I went to a small mountain town - Ouray - pronounced U-ray, by people who are in the know and Ooo-ray by all tourists. I had to be corrected a serveral times when I first moved here. It is the untapped neighbor of Telluride complete with hotsprings and Victorian charm. My dad trimmed our not quite dead tree in the backyard, and it is making a great comeback.Ouray calls itself the "Switzerland of America". It does have beautiful views of the Rockies and we did meet a Swiss man, but I think Switzeraland would get a good chuckle out of visiting this old mountain mining town turned resort.
We had a lovely time, but we were surprised by how much we missed our son.
The restaurant we ate at does this thing where customers can make a wish and throw a dollar with a tack and a weight up to the ceiling, then the weight falls back down. Each year the money is collected and donated to a charity, last year they collected 4,000 + dollars.

No comments: